Thursday 3 November 2011

Blue Sky Sunny Day

Blue Sky Sunny Day. The presence of fallen settled snow redefines space and allows visualization of its history. The places where people walk are free of snow. The marks on top of the Standing Rocks reveal that someone has stood on at least one of them prior to my arrival.


As I stand on (between) the Standing Rocks, 2 people pass by: by being in their way, I am putting the planted tree at risk of being knocked by foot or by bicycle wheel.







The slide-mark made by my foot sliding off the top of one of the Standing Rocks echoes the longer-term larger-scale of the slide-mark made by the removal of trees to form a ski slope, which is visible in the distance.


 There are so many possibilities here. What am I actually trying to do? And what am I actually doing?





 Sitting on different rocks the other side of the road, in what are the last few rays of sunlight, gives me a wider overview of The Place: The CliffRock is rather big, and the trees cover it in a group of individuals. Cold air. Chilly Fingers. Siren and building construction sounds. The smell of incense. The constant babbling dribbling sound of melting snow at the start of winter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment