Saturday 22 October 2011

Finding Winding Route

Today I set out with a clear idea of what I wanted to accomplish: a close-up film of the winding route up the prominent face of the cliff-rock that dominates the area.

Daylight. Slightly rainy.

no glasses.

wariness of bears but no fear.

From the standing rocks, I observed the cliffrock, and considered the line...

     


It was immediately clear to me that I would not be able to get high enough off the ground to make the film that I intended. To follow the line all the way up would require me to be 20 feet tall. Climbing up the rock may be an option, but for the treacherous slippery condition it was in.

I did make an attempt at the film, however, starting at the loose rock near the base of the cliff (the "dog rock") and raising the camera up until I could reach no higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment