Thursday 20 October 2011

Space => Place

Earlier today, on my way back home from Whistler Village, I discovered that the Space has already become a Place for me: I considered taking a detour and going there on the way home. I seem to define Place as somewhere I would go out of my way to visit.

Decisions I made about today's occurrence:

  • I would document using photographs, one taken every 10 seconds.
  • I would journey to the Space by a similar route to the one I took the first time I went there - down the slope through the woods behind the bin shed.
  • I would wear my rough muddy work trousers, and my green hooded fleece. I would also wear my pinhole glasses.

I arrived in the space and stood on the standing rocks.









 Today, as I stood on the standing rocks, a line became visible to me. A remarkable form exists within the cliff-rock that winds its way up the outcrop and tangles with the trees. I think that at some point it needs to be followed. The space is a good starting point, but there is so much within it that it is difficult to know where to begin.





There is so much wrapped up in any place or space. Even within half an hour's experience, there is more than I can fit in to a short report. So I intend to keep these experimental happenings short. They are to be sketches. Whether or not they will develop into something more remains to be seen.



No comments:

Post a Comment