Wednesday 19 October 2011

A Space

I have found a space. It seems to be a space where things are meant to happen. Everything about it seems ripe for inhabiting. It is not a well-delineated space, but seems to be a focal point at a combination of different ways-through and natural outcrops.



The space seems to link together various aspects of the area known as Whistler and aspects of my experience in this area.
  • It is close to where I live,
  • It has a view towards the ski hill (the main reason why I - and the majority of other inhabitants - are in the Whistler area to begin with).
  • The space is close to a suburban cul-de-sac which contains a variety of dwellings - some of these are inhabited by Whistlerites, and some are second homes owned by people from elsewhere. 

  • The space is at once a park-like area, and a rocky forested outcrop of crags - it forms a meeting point between tamed and untamed "nature", and features some rocks that have been placed by humans and some that have been there for longer than humans have been moving rocks. The trees, too are a mixture of those placed by humans and those that have found their own way there.

  • Being near my current abode, the space is convenient for regular visits, but is not on the way anywhere - it is not somewhere I will pass through every day without intention.

In the guise of Performance Architect I hereby declare my intention to interact regularly with this space. If possible, every day. Three times a week at the minimum.

The inhabiting of this space through actions and beingnesses may delineate or define the space further than I have here. To start with, I am going to simply start interacting and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment